Westminster welcomes all people to participate in the life and worship of our community. If you have discerned that you would like a deeper level of commitment, we invite you to become a member of our family of faith!
What does membership mean?
Membership in the Church of Jesus Christ is a source of great joy and fulfillment. It is also a commitment to join in Christ’s ministry of love, justice, and peace. Faithful members strive to bear witness to God’s abundant grace at all times, in all places.
As members of the Westminster congregation, we commit to be community with and for one another – growing together as disciples of Jesus Christ, sharing together life’s sorrow and joy, walking together on the journey of faith. We also promise to participate in Christ’s mission, working together for justice and peace in Wilmington and throughout the world.
Active involvement in the work and worship of Westminster looks different for each person, depending upon an individual’s gifts, circumstances, and stage in life. But there are commitments we ask all members to make:
- Attend worship regularly (in person or online)
- Study the Scriptures
- Pray daily
- Welcome visitors and seek the fellowship of our church family
- Support the ministry and mission of the church by giving money, time, and talents
- Discover, develop, and exercise your God-given gifts and talents in the church
- Share your God-given gifts and talents in your daily life
Members of Westminster may also vote in congregational meetings and are eligible to serve as church officers (Elders, Deacons, and Trustees).